Players all around the world have been waiting for the new airship map update ton arrive in among us and finally the wait is over. The airship map alongside more cosmetics and improvements have arrived.
The Airship map despite being the fourth map released in the game is also the biggest map till date with multiple stories, rooms, contraptions with brand new tasks and a fresh set of new hats.
The developers of among us (Inner sloth) announced the map in the game awards 2020 and then later gave a statement to why the release of the map is being delayed because a lot of players were asking them for the new map release date.
Innersloth Announced the new update on Thursday through their blog post, posting the list of the new content we will be receiving through this update.
New Content Coming To Among Us
The latest map coming to among us will have a couple of brand new tasks such as jewel polishing, emptying trash and more. To improve the mobility, the developers also added more dynamics in the game such as ladders and moving platforms.
The new update also gives you the ability to pick the room you start in and it also comes with all new free hats including a heart pin, angry eyebrows, unicorn head, rubber glove, and more.
Other Cool Info
Many people might already know that among us is highly inspired by a game called “The Henry Stickmin Collection” or “Infiltrating the Airship” developed by PuffballsUnited and Published by Innersloth itself and you can see a lot of references in the polus map in among us.
The new Airship skin bundle is on sale right now and each new outfit in the skin bundle comes with a new custom kill animation.
Code Of Conduct
If you check the dev logs regularly then you might know the new code of conduct and account system Innersloth introduced for among us. If you haven’t, you must read it all because you might be a subject to them even if you claim you haven’t read them.
- Right now it’s focused on reporting and moderation capabilities, but in the future we hope to add a friend system and the ability to transfer your cosmetics between devices.
- You can only make on account per device – if multiple people are using the same device it’ll be locked for the time being, but we’re planning a hot fix for that soon.
- You will be able to report if someone in the game is acting inappropriately, including: inappropriate names, inappropriate chat, cheating/hacking, and harassment/misconduct. Consequences can range from temporary to permanent bans (including alternate accounts).
- Note that reports will be read by people (not bots!) and you will need to provide a reason as to why you are reporting.
- No linking of multiple accounts yet (Steam account is only on Steam, Epic account is only on Epic, etc.) It’ll be coming soon though.
- You must create an account to access free chat (without it you will have to use Quick Chat for safety!)
- You must create an account to freely change your display name. If you do not create an account, there will be randomized names you can choose from.
- Usernames are not exclusive. Multiple people can have the same username. (So if you take the username “PuffballsUnited”, other people can still use “PuffballsUnited”.)
- If you are under the minimum age of digital consent in your country (for most countries 13 is the minimum age), you have to get a parent/guardian’s permission to access free chat (which then allows you to create an account), or change your display name.
- Without an account (or if you’re a minor who doesn’t want to ask your parent/guardian for approval), you can still play via Guest Mode. This locks you to Quick Chat and doesn’t allow you to change your name other than with a randomly generated name.
Other than this
- The art style has been completely revamped with cleaner lines and an easier animation process.
- The lobby size has been increased and now you can play with upto 15 players rather than 10.
- Innersloth said that they will try to give a more transparent updates including the behind the scenes.
An editorial account of our publication where multiple writers contribute content related to e-sports and video games.